…Me! I was nominated a couple of months ago, but never really got around to writing this post. I was nominated by The Nail and Makeup Whisperer and honestly, this is one of the coolest things anyone in the blogging world could give me lol. It’s nice just to get some recognition, and to know that people are reading my blog.
For those of you who don’t know what the Leibster Award is, I’ve taken the description right from The Nail and Makeup Whisperer’s blog post, who took the description from the Mommy Loves Nail Polish blog:
What is the “Liebster Blog Award?”
It’s an award that was reputedly started in Germany in order to give smaller bloggers recognition for their hard work. You receive this award from a fellow blogger that feels your blog is both worthy & important to them.
The rules are:
1) Post eleven facts about yourself 2) Answer the questions the tagger has set for you and create eleven questions for people you’ve nominated 3) Choose eleven people to give this award to (with fewer than 200 followers) and link them in your post 4) Go to their page and tell them 5) Remember, no tag backs!
Here are 11 facts about me:
- I own my own custom jewelry business.
- I’m a published children’s author and I’m working on a couple of novels.
- I love all kinds of music, but especially Celtic/New Age.
- I own more books than I have room for.
- I’m a full time college student, majoring in English literature with minors in Psychology and History.
- My favorite colors are black and turquoise.
- I did karate for 14 years. I taught it for 5.
- I have the worst attention span ever.
- I love studying mythology in my spare time.
- I interned with the Oxygen Network’s social media department and now do independent social media consultant (yes, I have quite a few jobs. 6 total, actually).
- I love receiving candles and incense as gifts.
The Nail and Makeup Whisperer asked the following questions:
- Where is your favorite place to travel? Down South, particularly to Tennessee. Once I finally get to Ireland, that will probably become my favorite.
- Favorite brand of coffee or tea? I enjoy Frappes from Starbucks and ice coffee from Dunkin Donuts, but that’s really it in the coffee category. However, I’m a huge tea snob. My favorite tea comes from www.spiceandtea.com. Seriously, try their Coconut Oolong.
- What pets do you have? I have 2 dogs, a German Shepherd and a Beagle/Daschund mix, and a Ragdoll cat (though I have to admit that I like the dogs more…they’re at least friendly).
- If you could be anyone for just one day, who would you be? This one’s a super tough question. Kate Middleton maybe? Her job seems pretty cool. And she has people who clean her room for her.
- What are your hobbies? Pretty much any craft I can get my hands on…crocheting, jewelry making, painting, etc. Anything mind numbing.
- What’s the craziest thing you’ve done? Put wasabi on my sushi (sorry to disappoint, but I’m that nerd that stays home and reads books).
- Last day on earth, what would you do? Considering the state of mind I’m in today, probably just sit on a beach with a pina colada. Ask me this again tomorrow and you might get a different answer.
- Favorite beauty product and why? Peach scented Bath Junkie scrub. It smells amazing and it leaves my skin feeling soft. The fact that you customize your own scent is an added bonus.
- Is there anything you are known for by family and friends? Being an encyclopedia of useless knowledge. Did you know you can regrow lettuce?
- Funniest thing you’ve seen lately? A guy walking into my office wearing a silver, satin pajama suit. He was quite proud of the fact that he got away with wearing it to his business forum class.
- What’s your favorite movie? The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Eleven questions for blogs I’ve nominated:
- What famous person would you want to have lunch with?
- What’s your dream job?
- Smooth or creamy peanut butter?
- What was your most embarrassing moment?
- What new hobby, if any, would you want to take up?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- Which book or movie left the biggest impression on you?
- Do you speak any other languages? If not, which ones would you like to learn?
- Why did you start blogging?
- If you had access to a time machine, what era would you travel to and why?
- What’s something you want to accomplish in the next 10 years?
Finally, I’d like to nominate the following blogs:
Again, thanks for the nomination!